Grow the Arts: Eagle’s Point Art for Residence Call for Entry
About the Project:
The Bistro, Star Theater, and Residence at Eagle's Point all call the historic Eaton High School home. Eagle's Point is a project led in part by HIT Foundation (Home is the Foundation) a nonprofit based in Eaton that is focused on addressing community housing needs. The Preble County Art Association (PCAA) in partnership with The HIT Foundation and Ohio Capital Impact Corporation is commissioning up to fifteen works of art to hang inside The Residence at Eagle's Point. Artists will work with the PCAA and Eagle's Point representatives to create works inspired by resident's dreams and aspirations. Up to four artists will be chosen to work on this project that will result in 10-15 works in total. The installation of work will be paired with an open house reception. This project will be completed in the winter of 2019.
How to Apply:
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on Friday, May 4.
Submission must include:
· Digital examples of 5-10 works created within the past five years
· Written statement on why this project is of interest
Artists must undergo interview with PCAA staff as part of the selection process. This will be scheduled after the submission is received.
Artists must be willing and able to participate in mandatory communications and collaborations with Eagle's Point representatives and PCAA.
· Artists must assemble a work proposal, including the scope and budget of the pieces. PCAA retains final decision making in proposal agreement.
· Artists must produce 2-4 pieces depending on size that will be part of a permanent collection of Eagle's Point and displayed in the residence area of the building.
· Artists will be compensated between $300-$500 depending on size and materials used in piece. Payment will be delivered upon completion of project.
· Works will be developed through an interactive process working with the residents at Eagle's Point.
· Attendance and participation in meetings and subsequent communication with project stakeholders is required.
· Completed artworks will be delivered to PCAA in winter 2018.
Want to know more? Contact us!
Call Us: (937) 456-3999
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address:207 E. Main St. Eaton| OH 45320
Available during and after hours for art parties and reservations.
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: